Our pieces favour the noble metals are the most common, namely gold, silver and rhodium
Precious metals are different from the others because they are resistant to corrosion by acids or salts, to oxidation and for being pure, hence rare in Nature.
In our products, the most commonly used metals are gold, silver and rhodium.
Precious or semi precious stones are also used, such as diamonds; zirconias; pearls; emeralds; rubies; sapphires; turquoises; agates (multicoloured stones with several layers); onyx; quartz; topaz; opals (exhibit different colours depending on the angle of observation); lazulites (dark blue stone); amethysts (purple quartz variety); blue beryls.
Usually, people talk about the karatage of silver or gold jewellery, for example, 925 or 999 silver, and similarly 9,14,18 ou 19,2 karats ( Kt ) gold, but what does this mean?
For example, if a silver jewellery has a karatage of 925 it means that 92.5% of its total weight is fine or pure silver. The leftover weight is a mixture of other metals, usually composed of copper.
In gold jewellery, for example, 19.2 Kt gold, 80% of its weight is fine or pure gold and the remaining 20%, in the case of Portuguese gold, is composed of silver and copper in equal amounts. In 18 Kt gold, 75% of its weight is fine or pure gold, in 14 Kt, the percentage is 58.3% and finally, for 9 Kt, the percentage is 37.5%.
Since 8 years ago, Kiko Ourivesarias works together with a jewellery master, that develops our products with a caring and artistic sensitivity, creating true art pieces, that stand out because of their design and creativity.
With over 40 years of experience in the field, with great ease and resourcefulness, but essentially with passion, he creates his own models, that are also ours, which have been very sucessfull.
To say that our designer produces earings, rings or bracelets is not at all correct because of the emotions that they spread and the stories they tell.